CABLE AVOIDANCE (CAT)
Delivered Onsite – Worldwide
Max Attendees: 8 delegates (outreach or customers centre)
Course Duration: Half Day (Up To 3 Hours)
Suitable Attendees: Any member of staff involved with the use of Cable Avoidance Equipment.
Course Aim: By the end of this course you will be able to identify particular hazards, how to locate and trace underground services, be aware of the procedures and hazards and to be aware of and how to interpret the readings obtained.
• Regulatory requirements with respect to detecting and tracing underground services
• Reasons for using locators
• Hazards arising from the risks from the use of cable avoidance tools
• Signal generators and precautions which should be observed
• Identification of types of cable avoidance tools and signal generator
• Identification of damage
• Handling and transporting of equipment
• Inspecting, calibrating and testing of equipment
• Safe working practice
• This is a full participation based program which includes both theory and practical assessments. Delegates must fully participate and complete the whole course and pass both assessments before certification is issued by Excel Training.
• The delegate must bring PPE including safety footwear, safety helmet, and high viz vest..
• The delegate should not participate if they have an injury that may be aggravated by easy bending and or lifting.