Delivered Onsite – Worldwide
Max Attendees: 6 delegates (outreach or customers centre)
Course Duration: Half Day (Up To 3Hours)
Suitable Attendees: Any member of staff involved with the lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling or carrying equipment or materials (excludes people handling)
Course Aim: To train staff to be able to carry out basic manual handling tasks.
• Define Manual Handling
• Identify the health problems from poor manual handling
• State what causes the problem
• List what to check for prior to moving an object
• Demonstrate correct manual handling techniques
• Problem Causing Factors
• Acute and Chronic Injuries
• Checks – Personal, Object and Workplace
• The Steps to Safe Lifting
• Team Lifting
• This is a full participation based program which includes both theory and practical assessments. Delegates must fully participate and complete the whole course and pass both assessments before certification is issued by Excel Training.
• The delegate does not require any specific personal protective equipment for this course.
• The delegate should not participate if they have an injury that will prevent them from bending their knees/ankles or holding/moving objects.