Delivered Onsite – Worldwide
Max Attendees: 8 delegates (outreach or customers center)
Course Duration: Up to three hours
Suitable Attendees: Any member of staff involved with the use of Ladders/Steps (excludes roof and platform ladders)
Course Aim: To train all delegates in the safe use and pre-use Inspection of Ladders/Steps (excludes roof and platform ladders and formal inspections)
Objectives: On completion of this course, delegates will be able to;
• Select & Inspect (pre-use) Components Prior To Use
• Identify & Record Inspection Faults
• Select & Assemble Equipment Correctly
• Disassemble Equipment Correctly
• Reposition Equipment As Directed
• Utilise Manufacturers Instruction Manual
• Work At Height Regulations 2005
• Types Of Ladders
• Manufacturers Instruction Manual (MIM)
• Hazards When Using Ladders
• Introduction To S.T.E.P.S.
• Maximum Working Heights
• Inspecting Components
• Inspection Requirements
• Care & Maintenance
• Storing & Transporting
• Multiple Choice Test Paper
• Practical Session Erecting & Dismantling, pre-use Inspection
• Question & Answer Session
• This is a full participation based program which includes both theory and practical assessments. Delegates must fully participate and complete the whole course and pass both assessments before certification is issued by Excel Training International.
• The delegate must bring PPE including safety footwear, safety helmet, high viz vest and any other PPE the employer requires/provided.
• The delegate should not participate if they have an injury that may be aggravated by bending and or lifting.